I want more kids, but this marriage is a bad one...

i have three with my husband. but right after i told him i was done, i found out i was pregnant with the third (it was kinda random, it had been one time in months and months of arguing). so anyway, no surprise the third child hasn't helped or fixed the marriage and i still want it to be over, but i just wish i could have more kids. i love them so much and they love eachother so much. i've worked in preschools, i love children and i just don't want it to end. not saying i want 12 kids or anything, but it'd be nice to have a baby with someone who cared, actually considered me, wanted to help with the kids... actually liked kids... anyway, i feel like my chances are pretty slim that i'd ever find someone else who would even want to date me, let alone want a child with me. i'm almost 30 with 3 kids... anyway, who can make me feel better with their story? :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• That is not true you will find someone else who will accept you and your children I have seen it happen with a friend of mine and I personally dont have that issue but I have seen a marriage end after many many years with little kids and she ended up finding a great guy when she wasnt looking she was paying attention to her kids which is the #1 priority.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 3:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I understand completely! I left my ex, and felt the same way, but just couldn't stay with him simply to have more children. I'm 36 now, 33 when I left him, and I've been with a great guy for a year and a half. We are engaged and we are planning to have children. It seems like something that will never happen, but it does. I've seen it happen often, and obviously, it worked out for me.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'd encourage you to work on your existing marriage. It is always better to stay with the father to your children. Being with a different man exposes to kids to all sorts of dangers (not always, but there is that chance).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i'm not even really interested in having another relationship. i don't really NEED a man. all said and done, i'd be happy with my three kids and being alone rather than in this relationship, but on the off chance that i did meet someone wonderful i would hope that i could have the co-parenting existence that i always wanted rather than deal with a man who wants me to take care of them and him and just space out and pretend they don't exist. i wouldn't go run and jump into bed with any old sperm donor just cuz i have baby fever
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Almost 30? Pshaw. You're a baby yourself! It's still EARLY

Work on YOU and getting yourself and your kids into the best possible situation. That's when a good man shows up.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011