Didn't the Church just omit the Goddess & keep the Sun God?

Doesn't anyone see the similarities in most religions? Doesn't it just seem that the Church omitted the Goddess and kept the Sun God? When I look at Christianity it's over tone is male and this makes sense to me, does anyone else see this? Many Christian symbols are also symbols for the Sun God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol, yes, the more I learn about all religions, the more I see the similarities within them, and not the differences.It seems to me every doctrine and sacred text 's basis is.......LOVE. How easy is that choice :) It's all subjective I'm afraid and that's why hate rears it's ugly head and points out the differences, a human condition called ego and the fear of separation, therefore us humans CAUSE division ( duality) to feel connected DUH?!?!?!!?! it's so silly :)

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 1:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yeah. The Bible was written by men in a male dominated world.

RaeLynn1221

Answer by RaeLynn1221 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yes, yes, and yes. :)
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• No. Since I only believe in the God of the bible (not a goddess) and that there is only one way to God and heaven and that is through His son Jesus Christ. There may be symbols that man may have come up with but not everything that man comes up with is from God or from the bible.

I believe what this verse says:
    2 Timothy 3:16 .All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right.
    17.It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Most Christian traditions were formed to coincide with Pagan ones. During the times they were formed, it was easier for many people to accept, therefore, easier to convert people to Christianity. The Yule Log, Christmas Trees and many other "tradintional" Christmas things are from Pagan origins. That's also the reason we celebrate Chrsitmas on Dec. 25, not beause that is the actual day jesus was born, but it coordiayed with the Winter Solsicte Celebration. Sorry, I knwo the question isn't jst about Christmas, it was just the easiest example to give since it is that time of year!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yeah, we were created in the image of God, he must have a wife "goddess" somewhere....
    phazed.0ut

Answer by phazed.0ut at 3:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• TOTALLY!!!!!

You cannot have a "Father" without a "Mother"!!

You monotheists have been a single-parent family for way too long...

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yes, unless you count Mary... I see her as the christianised representation of the goddess...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I never really understood the Christian religion...They keep saying ONE GOD but then they talk about the father the son and the holy spirit, and alot of their scriptures are nonsense really...I mean there are some good aspects of it dont get me wrong, but alot of it is just plain crap. Its too mythical and wizardly to me...A rapture? Come on it sould like a bad dream to me. And how are Christians the RIGHT religion/people when we are all of Gods creation? So your telling me that out of everyone that God created only a handful of them will make it into heaven and the rest will parish in hell? Even if they lead perfect lives? GIVE ME A BREAK!
    Anonymous

• A lot of Christian concepts were taken from Pagan religions. Christmas for one. Holy water. Even the Devil. He was originally a Greek God named Pan. While they were trying to convert people over they use propaganda in many cases. To make people fear their own religions they took Pan (whom most people consider the horned God) and presented him as an evil entity.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2008