Runny nose = extra ear wax?

My Six month old son, Jaden has had a runny nose for two days now. I just noticed that he had a LOT of ear wax. I was able to remove some of it (from the outter part of his ear) but should I call his pedi to get his ears checked? He does have a few teeth coming so I think his runny nose/fussyness is from that...but I am so concerned about his ears.
Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance.

SapphireMomma

Asked by SapphireMomma at 3:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do remember our patients that had significant seasonal allergies having more occurrences of impacted ear wax. Never was able to find a study that related the two, but every patient that had recurrent impactions that needed removals were also our allergy shot patients. Maybe you should google and ask the doc. You can use the blue nasal syringe with warm soapy water to wash out his ears in the bathtub, if you do it with each bath you won't have the buildup in the ear canal or on the outside. GL

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011