Anybody else have foodstamp envy?

I'm slightly pi$$ed off that we are struggling because I can't find a job (laid off) but we make just a tiny bit too much to get food stamps. But if we were lazy bums then we could get all the assistance in the world!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• Wow, stereotype much?
    Anonymous

• No. You should be proud that you don't have to rely on government assistance... that you are supporting your family on your own.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I hear ya!!! When I go shopping, I buy maybe a little chop meat and just the necessities & I see people with food stamps & all they have on their checkout counter is tons of meats & everything else I need but don't buy to save money. Seems like they eat better then us!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Don't be envious, I hardly get any food stamps and I would love to not need them.
    mamastrying13

Answer by mamastrying13 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• that's a horrible thing to say. my husband and i work our asses off and still need help. do i like being on fs, hell no. am i a lazy bum? hell no. i work, raise an 8 month old, and take college courses part time so thanks for the stereotype. by the way in CT you cannot get assistance of any kind if you are unemployed and not disabled
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• What ticks me off is the people who get food stamps and then sell them (or trade for drugs) for half of the value! We caught an EMPLOYEE doing this! ITS FRAUD PEOPLE!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• hmm imma go with anon. #1 i bust my ass all week.. I am a single mother with a full time job and i receive food stamps benefits and i am sooo thankful for them
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• how can you sell food stamps? they aren't paper anymore and haven't been for years. it's a card. how do you sell a card and regulate 50 cents on the dollar or however much they would sell them for
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No. We struggle and I'd rather do that than get FS.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

Whoever you are "selling" them to goes to the store with you, they fill up the cart with whatever they want and you swipe your card at the register.
    Anonymous