Has anyone used the Essure method of steralization......I am looking into it before surgery let me know if you have used it and what experiences you have had,

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 3:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• My midwife recommended against it because it is still relatively new to the market so long term complications are unknown. I was afraid of surgery, but after baby number 5 was more afraid of getting pregnant again so I did it. The surgery is done lathroscopically now and only makes two tiny incisions and it was not bad at all. I was back on my feet doing everything I always do that same night.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I haven't but I did look into it. Search Essure testimonials and I came up with a lot of women that had to have it taken out. Some it didn't work and had to have it done again. Or they had so much pain from it that they had to have a hysterectomy. I decided its not for me.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011