Have you made a recycled craft?

I need ideas for my 1st and 2nd grader.
They need to make a project for school using recycled materials.

Any ideas, websites you like, or crafts you've made that you can share?

Thanks!

LitterFreeTeam

Asked by LitterFreeTeam at 3:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Loads! What fun! My daughters love making bottlecap jewelry most of all. A great website to find something would be http://www.familyfun.go.com/ .

misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Decoupage with old used coffee filters.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• MEXICAN PI√ĎATA. Get any old newspapers magazine, or old papers, a ballon, some glue. Fill the ballon, add water to regular school glue so that is not too thick, cut newspapers into long rectangle pieces not too big not too small. Tie the balloon to a string to hang, cover ballon with the glue, add 2-3 layers of newspapers and let dry for a day. Repeat 2 more times, once dry take the balloon out, tie a string strng enough to hold, decorate with tissue paper, and fill with goodies. Let me know if you are willing to do it and have any further questions.
    Jazbel

Answer by Jazbel at 4:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• there are tons of things that can be made with recycled materials! I would get some empty orange juice containers or milk cartons, paper in different colors, tempra paint and adhesives and let them have it see what they can create
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• no but may start sounds interesting and think it would be cool
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Recently made a tote bag out of an old magazine, weaving it like a basket.....my next project is to make an apron out of a jeans pant leg. You can google instructions for those.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Use recycled bottles to put sand or trinkets in. decoupage something,anything.I use material to cover end tables,a bookshelf,a dresser. You could decoupage something smaller of course,even an old pickle jar or 2 liter bottle could be covered with even just a scrap of material and some mod podge.
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 8:40 AM on May. 11, 2011