Anyone here that won't be having Christmas this year?

I can't even afford a tree! Am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Holidays

• No you are not the only one. I cant afford really anything of christmas. I have 5 kids and its getting stressful. I had to sign up at the toysfortots this year I never had to do that before. I dont know if we are getting a tree either. Cuz my fiance job cut down and I stay at home with my kids. I want to work but its hard to just pay for daycare. I hope for everyone to have a good christmas. All I want is my children to be happy. No matter what. I might have to pawn my rings just to get them a little something. I hope the best for you and your family. Happy holidays!
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 1:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Maybe you will find help here...
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/78884
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 2:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• im not having an x-mas ... its not that i cant afford anything , but because my son is living w/ his father and im not allowed to see him , so i really dont wanna do any holidays ... my bf keeps getting mad at me cuz he wants to buy me things and i said no , like he got rly upset , i felt bad but , i dont have the money to do anything for him , he told me having his 1st baby , and more to come , and being w/ him is all he wants , and im already doin it ... i told him how sweet it was , but i just cant accept anything from him this year. last year he didnt listen , he still bought me sumthin , i bought him sumthin last year too , but he went over ... i just hope hope hope he listens this time ... and good luck to u mama! im here if u need to talk
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 2:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• We're not buying each other anything for Christmas. I'm due with my first baby on the 20th next month and we're focusing all of our attention on her this year. If people want to buy us stuff, yay go them, but nobody is expecting us to buy anything for them in return lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• iv made it clear to all that only my kids are getting anything, and thats only beacuse it put some things on layaway a while ago.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• We are doing Christmas, but the only way we are doing it is because a few orgs. are helping us out. Otherwise we would not be able to do much of anything at all.
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 5:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Always try Craigslist sometimes people give alot of nice things away on there. I see alot of Christmas trees on there every year.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 5:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• We are having a good Christmas this year because my husband was blessed with a really good job but the past couple of years were really tight, my kids got a lot of dollar store items.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2008