Baby name help ! running out of time !!!

I am due very soon with out first child - a little girl.

We are having a hard time picking a name...

I like unique names, but not the kind that make you think " what the heck were they thinking" ... I also want something that just sounds beautiful....

I have come up with names like Nahla , Kyla, Layla...I love Nahla the best and that is our "backup name" ... meaning if we cannt find something we love better, that will be her name...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Baby Names

• Nahla is a cute name!!! I had a hard time too, no one likes anything I picked my DD was supposed to be Savhannah Jean...But she became Haylee Jean and I love it!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 4:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I like Layla, IF we were having a girl her name would have been Harper or Brynlee
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 4:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have always been fond of Ruby Rose,
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 4:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I wanted to name our daughter Pheonix Rose...my husband wanted Bella bc he didnt like isabella or arabella. So she ended up bella Amore. Sorry hun, I only had really good boy names picked out.
    MAMAPANCAMO

Answer by MAMAPANCAMO at 4:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Nahla is really pretty.

I really like Willow and Farron. They're two of my favorite names that I'll probably never get to use.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I love Layla. Also Lola. Maybe Tristan, Penelope, Lavender, or Miracle also. Those are unique.
    Oliviasmommy131

Answer by Oliviasmommy131 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I like Finley for a little girl
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 11:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I like Nahla! My last would have been Tessa Nicole or Ella Noelle. He was a boy instead and we are not having any more!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Natalia...pronounced Na tal eeah

It is a special name in my family, it has been passed down for 8 generations now.

On a different note. You will know when you have your precious little girl in your arms what you should name her. With our third son had no name, nothing sounded right. Then I had him and he had no name for the first two days. The record lady at the hospital told us if we didn't name him before we left we would have to pay to put his name on the birth certificate. My husband went to make sure everything was ready at home before he brought us home. I sat on the hospital bed and looked in to his sweet little face and asked him what his name is. As I looked at him, he looked so much like my Grandma Natalia, that I said aloud, "what would Grandma name you?". And it came to me....Patrick! She named my uncle that and that is the perfect name for our son.
    When the time comes... you will know! Best wishes!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i like ophelia (or ofelia) and jochebed (yo-hev-ed: means god's glory) and eluned and adrienne.
    mrstheriault

Answer by mrstheriault at 1:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2011