How do I stop letting this bother me?

My husband is deployed and it is hard enough trying to play single parent but what makes me feel so much worse is hearing people that are not in the military saying how military wives are "just mooching off the government" and we "Have nothing to complain about because the government pays for our lives". Yes, but the precious time our children and ourselves are sacrificing for our loved ones being gone is, what I would think, enough to explain the pay we get. I can't just let things go and hearing this has broken my heart. Why are people so cruel?

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• I've never heard anyone say anything like that.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have never heard that either but #1 they dont know the life we live #2 being a military wife is a hard job #3 who cares what they think we as Military Wives know what we know and that is that.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 4:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You know its not true! hold your head up high your family is making a difference in the world and you should def. be proud of that anyone saying those things apparently has NO IDEA WAHT THEY ARE TALKING BOUT!!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• come homeI want to thank your husband for serving our country and you and your family for supporting him while he does it.

bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It is said a lot around here where we are...right in the middle of a military town. What I don't understand is why they still live here if they hate us so much.
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• That is nonsense. You and your family are making great sacrifices for our country and you should be compensated for doing so. Hold you head high and ignore those obviously ignorant people.

thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 4:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• veterans dayI'm with the other moms on this one. The only compaints I've heard is that we (The U.S.A) spends too much fighting 2 wars. But nothing about the pay or benefits you or your family gets. Believe me, I have the utmost respect for our men & women serving our country & to the family they leave behind to live life w/out them for months at a time. I dont know how you do it. I dont think I could. God Bless you & your family & I hope he comes home safe to you & your family soon! :) Hold your head high b/c you all represent what's right about this country! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Try to compare yourself to a discharged mother who had to work and pay for everything herself. Then you will feel tons better.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• First of all, most military aren't paid near enough for what they do. Second, aren't men supposed to support their wives at least while the kids are little and demand 24/7 care? I can't stand people who think SAHM are lazy. Most of them couldn't do it. My favorite time of the day when my kids were little was "Daddy is home" time, and you aren't getting that. Thank you for everything you do and everything your husband does.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 4:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I could be a SAHM mom if I had a chance. Life never gave me that chance & I paid hell for it!
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011