I want to work at home but i just keep finding scams please some one help me

jleep1007

Asked by jleep1007 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• There isn't a lot of work you can do from home unless you have the skills or educational background to support that kind of position. Besides stuff like Avon and selling Amway I don't know that there is really anything at all.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am a partylite consultant and i am loving it i went through alot of scams myself.
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 4:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I do direct sales with Mia Bella's Scented candles. It's not a scam.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Look at your local news website, often they have information on legitimate companies offering work at home positions, customer service etc. Also Alpine Access (link below) is a legitimate company, I know 2 girls that are working for them, I guess you just need a land line and have to pass a credit check.
    http://www.alpineaccess.com/en/
    lasureina

Answer by lasureina at 4:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• There are a lot of scams out there, but there are some true work from home companys. I work from home with a team of moms helping other moms work from home called Internet CEO Moms. This is a great business, no selling, no parties, and we have an A+ score with the Better Business Bureau. Stop by my website and get all the details http://www.BecauseILoveThem.com/. You can also visit our page on Facebook.

MaryCEOmom

Answer by MaryCEOmom at 4:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If you want to do childcare you could look at the job postings at care.com. Some moms are willing to take their children to someone else's home.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• What kind of work are you looking to do?  There are a lot of call center positions that hire for home-based workers.  However, they are not easy and they do require a quiet environment... most people who do these jobs still require child care.  I blog about work at home ideas and opportunites and you are more than welcome to read my blog if you'd like at Mavi's Home Work..

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I work from home and can tell you its not a scam at all. I help people who are in need of health benefits and other money saving plans. No experience needed, just a willingness to learn, access to a computer and phone.
    I wish you the best in your search. Working from home has been such a blessing to me.
    vgriffinmama

Answer by vgriffinmama at 9:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I work from home and there are a lot of home based businesses that will even appear not a scam due to the hype of the next big thing or the guarantee promise of a 6 figure income. I make a 6 figure income and it didn't happen like that at first until I met my mentor who is a multiple 7 figure earner. Once I learned the REAL way to market that's when my business changed for the better. I market my high ticket item http://www.globalresortsnetworkonline.com and my low ticket http://michellealpha.usana.com all online. I will be more than happy to help you when reviewing companies.
    MichelleAlpha

Answer by MichelleAlpha at 9:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2011