Do you think this would be cause enough for a protection order?

My younger twin sisters were molested when they were 8 by my mom's boyfriend at the time. He was turned in and went to jail and found to have a previous record (he had not registered as a sex offender). He spend a few years in jail and got out for "good behavior". My sisters are now 19 and one works at a local store as a cashier. The man who molester them came through her line a few months ago and started making comments on how "beautiful of a woman" she has turned out to be and asking her personal things. She reported it to the managers, they had a talk with him to warn him not to talk to her again. Well, now he just goes to the next line over and just gives her nasty looks. She wants to file a protection order. I just wish they would arrest him already, personally! What do you think?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 4:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Probably not. While I understand that she's concerned unless he's actually threatened her she'd have a hard time proving that he is actually a threat. It's not against the law to be a creepy asshole, KWIM?

She should try though...at least to start a paper trail in case anything happens in the future.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Call the Non Emergency Phone number for your local police department and they will tell you if it is or not I hope this helps.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 4:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It is called harassment!!!! Press charges! Tell the police of his history. Yes!!!! Get an order of protection today!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would say YES! I would be there today filling out that paperwork!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• GOOD! especially with a past history...thats f*ckin creepy! but good for her....I'd put your other sister on notice too. They tend to go back to the same people they abused. Good luck!
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 4:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• She can get a stalking junction. But they can't arrest him for what his doing. If I were you tell het o carry pepper spray on here. That is just creepy. GL.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Try to get an order of protection... Dunno what police would do but worth trying. Love & light to your family
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Normally it's pretty hard to get vpo's but I hope talking with the police will help! In my opinion he should have never been let out.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• OMG I have chills!!! Prayers for your sister.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't think it would be worth getting a restraining order - he was warned, he doesn't go in her line.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011