Custody battle vs a cop

Has anyone else been through a custody battle with a police officer? Is it any different? I'm worried.

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 1:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My husband and I are both cops. We seperated once and were both very cordial about the custody issue. The cops I know who have gotten divorced have all been the same way. I honestly think it would be easier dealing legally with cops because their career means so much to them. (which may be the reason you are going through this in the first place. lol) They usually don't want to do anything to hurt their careers. ON THE OTHER HAND.... if the spouse/ SO have messed up royally, like being involved in drugs.... they bettter hang on to their butts, because the cop will fight hard and knows how to present EVIDENCE and will win. So I believe if you are a good mother than you will probably less of hard time.
    fawn321

Answer by fawn321 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i dont know if it would be different but i can say i wouldnt want to be in your shoes right now. im having a hard enough time over custody with someone who thinks parting is more important than his kids. good luck with everything i feel for you
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I've never been in any type of trouble but he's a compulsive liar so I'm worried. He keeps sayin he has "resources" and blah blah....so I guess I just feel threatened.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• resourses won't help him. Evidence is what he needs. Unless he has eveidence than he has no better chance than anyone else.
    fawn321

Answer by fawn321 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• He actually is in contempt of court right now...he's just not a honest person so it concerns me with what he's going to try to pull. We both don't have attorneys.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• You have nothing to worry about just because he is a cop, don't let him try to make you think otherwise. GL.

Anonymous