What was your babies first word and when?

LauraOR

Asked by LauraOR at 4:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine is 7 months and he already said DADA and oop LOL which means poop because that is when he made a poopy diaper he says oop
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 4:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• DS didn't have a first word. He said "hi", "dad", "dog", "more", and "boy" when he was about 8 months.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• 6 months and it was daddy
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• my son only babbled and said basic junk (ma ma, kitty, no no no, dadeeeee) forever.... he was a super late talker. By his 3 year wellness exam I was begging for speech therapy and the pediatrician just kept telling me relax, relax, it's ok it's OK. About a month later I woke up and he was out of his toddler bed poking me in the face and with his rancid morning breath he said "I'd like some yogurt and juice now ma" ... I was like WTF?

My daughter spoke babble EARLY, about 6.5 mos and her 1st real true actual word was at 8 months. GRANDY. grandpa randy = grandy. sooo cute.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• dd1-mama from 6mo-1 year then actual sentences
    dd2-stop it! at 9 mo older sis was playing with her
    ds- we did not know he was talking then we figured out than his soft babble was whole sentence like i want juice
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My son said no @ 7 months...my daughter is 7 months now and the only thing she is maybe saying is uh-oh
    MAMAPANCAMO

Answer by MAMAPANCAMO at 4:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• 6 months mama :) she is Just 8 months and says mama, dada, hi, baba (bottle)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My ds said "da-da" and "ba-ba" at 4 months, but he wasn't referring to the person or object, just making sounds. At 6 months he said ball and actually reached for the object from a sitting position, so I consider that his first word. "uh-oh" followed maybe a day or so later when he dropped his bottle and it spilled.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011