Getting poorer

While I'm grateful I have a roof over my head and some food on the table thier so many things my little family needs, for example we need bedding,all of our blankets we have had for years are shredding apart and have gaping holes in them. We need clothes, I myself have one pair of jeans that I wear a lot cause its cold outside and the capris I have are too cold,or I have my uglies,my sweat pants. The linoleum floor in my kitchen needs to be replaced,my cupboards are in need of new paint. My front door needs to be replaced and the thresh hold is broken and you can see light coming through. I need new toilets we have to hold the handles down to flush. I have 2 windows that need to be replaced. Some of the corners of the drywall are falling apart and need repair,my roof is leaking when it snows all over my nice table. My dishwashers buttons are working right so we need a new one. My car needs new tires,and a tranny. Hows everyone else doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• meant that its leaking water on my table not snowing lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• were so poor I use toilet paper for a tampon
    Anonymous

• We're doing fine, but we've lost over $100,000 on the value of our house in less than 3 years. The housing market here is in the toilet and most of my neighbors are trying to short sale.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't see many of your needs as 'little things'. They almost all sound like big needs and I'm sorry that there isn't someway for you to get some of those repairs made/done. Have you checked in with some local churches to see if they have a clothing bank of sorts? Sometimes churches or community outreaches help people with house repairs, maybe you could find a number of a local outreach. Times are very hard for so many, and you definitely could use some help. I hope you get it soon.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Right now we have medical bills up the wazoo, and sometime this year my hubs will loose his job (company was sold now it is being divided up and shipped out to new owner's other companies, the building will close and current employees will be out of jobs). My house does need work- like remodel bathroom, new kitchen ceiling (and some other assorted projects) but no time or money to do it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'm feeling you on the medical bills too MizLee were in debt up to our eye balls imagine that I'm always not feeling well and have something going on and not money or insurance if it wasnt against my religion I'd put a gun to my head if I didnt have family
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• if it wasnt against my religion I'd put a gun to my head if I didnt have family

^^ Talk like this really scares me. In my life, I have been way up and I have been way down. Money is one of the least permanent things in our lives. No one is immune to being poor, and no one has to be poor forever, either. ANYONE can have their situation change very quickly. If you need to talk, PM me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• So many of us are having to do without necessary things and home repairs due to a shortage of money. My home needs some repairs also, so I have decided to start buying one thing at a time since I can't lay out alot of cash at one time. If I don't do that, it will never get done. I also hit yard sales and flea markets when it is in season. There are many good buys out there for very little money.

I hope things get better for you!!!!
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I truly hope things get better for all of you guys too. Thanks for hearing me out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• you used toilet paper for a tampon?
    Don't you have dollar stores there?
    You can get them for a buck ya know. Toilet paper is too expensive to be balling it up and using it as a tampon.

If that don't bother ya, get re-usable pads and cloth diapers, make your own laundry soap and cleaning supplies, and cut back on junk food.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 11:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2011