Anyone else can't stand yo gabba gabba???

i wanted to like it but it gives me a freakin headache!!! :P i want my kids exposed to all kinda of music but it's so repetitive and techno-y... and this isn't related but is it just me or does that one guy kinda look like a... well... it's a bit phallic...

juliness

Asked by juliness at 4:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son loves it... i just tune it out. BUT DJ lance is a creeper!
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 4:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• DJ Lance is For Sure Creepy! And have you ever seen the episode with Jack Black? ::shudders::
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My son is 1y/o and he is watching it now. And it is a very annoying show, but if it keeps him quiet than i love it lol.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I refuse to let my kids watch it. If it creeps me out, then it's off limits. File it in the same category with the Wiggles, Max & Ruby, and the wierd guys in jump suits? (drawing a blank).
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We love that show!!! Jack Black is on there occasionally so that is just a plus for me. I love how it teaches them a lot of valuable lessons through song.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 4:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• aw i like max and ruby cuz it's chill but the boys always ask why they go out without their parents and why max doesn't learn to talk, but i'm with you on the wiggles, and imagination movers (i think that may be the jumpsuits one) they call those the "dumb shows"
    juliness

Comment by juliness (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i think i might be more judgey on the music shows because i'm a musician that plays for kids as my job!
    juliness

Comment by juliness (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We love Yo Gabba Gabba at our house. Its one of the few kids shows that doesn't grate on my nerves. Is Muno a bit phallic looking, yup! haha
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 6:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We were out shopping recently, and they had it playing in the kids waiting area... it FREAKED my 20 month old out!! So funny - he came running over to hide behind my legs. Honestly why do kids like it? The whole show is about these weird monsters shrieking and jumping all over the place. I just told him that it's okay to be scared... Yo Gabba Gabba kind of scares me too!

Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Me! I can't stand that show!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011