can my son fly right before or after having tubes in ears

Wanting to attend wedding out of town that will require flying and I we just found out son may need tubes in ears. Supposed to leave in two weeks but he may have surgery right before or after we are to go. Is that OK or should we cancel trip?

Weazy

Asked by Weazy at 1:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Kids' Health

• No, there shouldn't be any problem after the tubes are in. If he is having ear pain, flying will probably hurt or be uncomfortable from the pressure. I would ask the ENT to see what he says
    Anonymous

• before you get tubes go read this bk No More Antibiotics: Preventing and Treating Ear and Respiratory Infections the Natural Way by Mary Ann Ann Block (my oldest got ear infections from any amount of cows milk or dairy, my 2nd son from nuts)
    as for flying ask your sons doctor
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2008