What do you ladies do to make yourselves look kept up?

I'd like to get a total overhaul on myself like the hair, the skin, the nails I mean anything and everything that would be available and how much do you think all that will cost me?

Of course I wouldn't do this all at once it would be very expensive but like every two weeks or so.

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Kept up?
    Anonymous

• take a shower everyday lol.... but do my hair and make up at home so it's really no money wasted...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I taught myself how to paint my nails real nice and everyone thinks I get them professionally done now. Practice makes perfect. I always make sure I do my hair, whether I straighten it, curl it, or make it wavy...and always always wear some type of makeup. I also go get my hair colored every couple of months. Just because we are mommies doesn't mean we can't look and feel pretty:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• dont know if you mean professionally like at a spa/salon or if you meant to go and get these things from a store and do them yourself. I couldnt answer it anyway even if you did mean one or the other haha, sorry.

But to answer your question, i use an exfoliater (a rough bath hand glove) and scrub away and lotion to moisterize. i also use boxed hair dye from the store...black is black but will probably get red highlights at the salon, i saw these cute desighned nails at the dollar store so i bought those...dont get me wrong, i would go get a professional manicure but i'm not into that i wouldnt upkeep them every 6 months or whatever it is when you have to go back to fill them, i exercise daily...upper body every other day and lower every other and jogging every day and above all...eat healthy with low sodium intake, my goal is to look awesome by 40
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I color my own hair,paint my own nails and give myself facials.I also relax in my jacuzzi bath every evening.

thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 4:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Great skin care... Makeup will look great if you have a good canvas
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My neighbor does my hair. I do my own nails. Sadly since I stay home I am usually always in pajamas or lounge clothes bc I still havent gotten back in my clothes comfortably yet.
    MAMAPANCAMO

Answer by MAMAPANCAMO at 4:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ugh...Well, I laser my face which costs an arm and a leg. I color my hair, walk six miles about four times a week or go to the gym, curl my eyelashes and put on makeup and wear some decent clothes. And that's effort for me. Other women around here are totally dolled up. I can't do it all and be a Mom.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If you want skin advice.. Cleansing the body internally and watch what you eat! When you eat alot of good fats like coconut oil, avacados, nuts, seeds, veggies fruits, and staying aways from crap food. Your skin looks awesome. I put coconut oil on my skin everyday and try to eat as good as possible.
    smile123379

Answer by smile123379 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011