How do I "de-lazify" my baby?

My daughter is 8 months old and she doesnt even roll over both directions. I have seen the Dr about it and he says she is fine she is just lazy. I know they all do things in their own time, but I still worry I am messing up some kind of way. My son did everything so early. I know no child is the same but I feel like she should be doing a lot more than she is. Do any of you moms have experience with this kind of thing? If not any advice at least?

MAMAPANCAMO

Asked by MAMAPANCAMO at 4:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will do it when she is ready. Thinking she is lazy is so wrong. She's and infant.
    Anonymous

• Get on the floor with her and play. Show her how to roll, or encourage it by placing toys in different areas. If the doctor isn't concerned right now, then you shouldn't be. Just enjoy your daughter and have fun with her.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• you could try putting her fave toy just out of grabing distance so she has to try and roll to get it.
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• All babies are different. My youngesson did not roll over until he was 11 months old lol. If your truly worried that its a developmental issue then find a developmental ped to evaluate. Some babies are just slower at things then others, try putting new and interesting toys just out of reach, giving her lots and lots of tummy time and play simple floor games with soft balls:)
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I've known babies (especially bigger babies) who took longer to roll over and crawl, but if you think something might be wrong, then go Get a 2nd opinion from another Pediatrician.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• my 6 month old not rolling over at all yet he can rool onto his side and thats it :(
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh, my Dr told me she was lazy. I was just trying to get other input because I just worry it is me that is prohibiting her. I spend all day playing with her and love every minute of it. My problem with tummy time is she hates it! She will lay on her tummy for maybe 5 minutes and then she screams. She has tummy issues so I think maybe it is uncomfortable for her. Thank you all so much for the advice.
    MAMAPANCAMO

Comment by MAMAPANCAMO (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I wish he had not used the term lazy. She is developing at her own rate. Each baby is different. Relax and enjoy her. Before you know it she will be running around and you'll wish she would slow down! ;)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i wont worry she soon be wild running about :)
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You keep doing what you are doing. She ISN'T LAZY (can't believe the doctor said that, especially if she has tummy issues), she's normal and she'll do it when she's ready. BTW, not sitting up until later, does NOT mean that she'll do everything later. She might do sitting, crawling, and cruising all in one month, when she's ready. While you are waiting on her tiny body to catch up, engage her mind. Talk, talk, talk. Carry her around and tell her everything in the house. Show her pictures of your relatives and friends, tell her their names and how much they love her. Sit her in your lap in front of the fridge and expose her to all your magnets, maybe some letters, animals, etc. Watch for her grunts and whee's, and don't forget that she's listening to everything. Take strolls and do the same thing. Relax and enjoy her. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011