How different are sons from daughters?

My son is a very quite kid. Then one day he started yelling. At the top of his lungs after we just told his sisters to be quite. I dissolved in giggles. He has loud babbling he does now tht means nothing but when he's quite and talks in his "girly" voice (it's high pitched and hard to hear) He talks in whole sentences. He is neat and clean, doesn't like dirt, loves a bath, and like to clean.

Both of my daughters were NOTHING like him. I can clearly remember wrestling them into a tub.

How different are your son(s) from your daughter(s)?

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• My sons are not to much different from my daughter, I think its because she id the only girl she tends to pick up their habits ''tom boy'' if i could say. Well my boys are momma boys my oldest thinks hes my husband. hes very protective of me. My only daughter for the time being is a daddy girl but will get out in the yard and play football with her brothers.. so its really like i have four boys instead of three, but i can dress her up really girly and it just wont fit her personality. She would rather be in tennis shoes and jeans so i just let her be who she is. She cant help it anyway shes surrounded by boys.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Well, that depends. I have a son and 2 daughters. My older daughter likes clothes, drawing, watching TV, reading books, and princesses. Pink and purple. Dresses. Walking in play princess heels. Playing house, house or house. Now, she likes to ride a bike or climb or stuff, and her language, she gets from my son, but otherwise girly.

My son is fairly boyish. He likes the color purple and some quieter play. But he also likes dinosaurs, cars, lego star wars, and lots of boy things. He is pretty much a boy who has been around too many girls and doesn't know enough boys to be as boyish as he may end up (I hope. It would be much easier)

The most active, take-things-apart, physcial, crazy child I have is the younger girl. She will wear dresses and play house, but she is by far the most messy, climber, take-things-apart, "boy" child.

So, I think there are tendencies but it can go either way for either sex.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It's pretty different for us. We have 2 daughters, and our son was born when our youngest daughter was 4 1/2. Even though my husband don't buy into or actively participate in perpetuating gender roles/differences, our son seems naturally inclined to roughness, trucks, dirt, bugs, etc. while our daughters love purses, flowers, tea parties, etc. I've also noticed that while my daughters love and need and rely on me to keep them clean, fed, on schedule, etc. they are Daddy's Girls. My son, however, only has eyes for Momma!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Well, I have a son and a daughter who are twins. When they were younger, they were both very into superheros, toy cars and other "boyish" things. Now that they're older they have more distinct interests and personalities. They still have some overlapping interests, like music, but now my daughter is much more interested in sports (and she still likes superheros). My son is much more mellow and studious. He's very neat and punctual. His sister is a lot more rambunctious, I suppose, and definitely a lot more vocal. But, on the whole, I'd say their differences have much more to do with personality than their gender.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• *my husband and I*
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2011