Homeschool/Private/Public School?

How do you prefer your kids get their education and why?

bdflykisses

Asked by bdflykisses at 4:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• public
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This is my 3rd year homeschooling, and I prefer it. That doesn't mean I'm completely against private or public school. I see far more PROS than cons to homeschooling. Some days I'd like to stick them in private schools so I can have more "me" time...but not only can we NOT afford 3 kids to go to private schools, but I think it would be selfish of me to stick them elsewhere just so I can be alone.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i live in the uk it whats kinda dune hear i niver heard of anyone homeschool and privet school are only for really welthy people
    feralkitten

• Publicly funded charter school!

It is a private school education, but free to the parents.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We send our boys to a private school and are very happy with it. I think families should do what makes the most sense for them.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• The public schools in our district are rated among the top in the country, so we plan to use those.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 4:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• public

My kids went to Catholic for 3 years then transferred to a public school and were so freaking far behind it was sad. They've done nothing but scramble to catch up with their classmates all year long. Private does not equal better. I love their public school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Public Closed Campus
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 4:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• my son is in a private christian school (Kindergarten)

1st choice was public. we actually enrolled him but when we met w/ the nurse and principal they were HORRIBLE in regards to his life threatening food allergies.... they were trying to fight me on things like where his epi pen would be stored, access to his inhaler, etc. we left there almost running!

2nd choice was local private catholic school because it's a really really GOOD SCHOOL.... so good, in fact, it was full.

3rd choice is where he is now, a small private christian school. there's only 16 other kids in his entire class and its a teeny place. everyone from the librarian to the janitors know his health issues and he's truly looked after and loved there
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My DSis 3 now and we home school for playschool with a co-op. I WOULD send him to a Waldorf preschool if I had the money, but NOT a regular school. There are some things that I do not believe are needed or appropriate for young children of his age to be learning or exposed to and a public environment would not accommodate that. We value a commercial free environment and a low academic beginning to life. Social learning and imaginative play are the most important things for the first 5-7 years and I am horrified to hear that children are made to spell words in kindergarten today...and barely any free play or story telling...or even music time. I believe that method of education will damage children and ruin our nation future.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 5:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011