Went into early labor...

I am now 36w 3d along with my 1st. I went into labor 3 days ago at 36 weeks exactly. They stopped my labor using the hormone they use to stop it. 2 shots and an IV. They have put me on bed rest til Tuesday, when I am full term. No work, no sex, no cooking, no cleaning, just bed. What are the odds of me going into labor again (I mean before my the due date) once I am full term at 37w and active again? They say they won't stop it once I have waited my week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im surprised they stoped you at even 36wks they didnt stop my friend when she went into labor at 36wks but anyway. its pretty likely that you will go back into labor befor your due date.
    Anonymous

• I have heard of girls going back into labor within 24 hours of taking the pill to stop labor. There's nothing to really worry about at 36 wks, because that is full term to most doctors. Good luck girl!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Is there a BIG chance of me going into labor again next week?
    Anonymous

• id say yes. as soon as they let you up from bed rest and if you wana have your baby cuz your eager id say walk walk walk. im shocked they stoped your labor at 36wks most doctors see that as full term and dont worry about it. im having a c section and my dr is willing to take me anytime after 36wks.
    Anonymous

• I went into labor at 35 weeks and they stopped it with the shots. I was on medicine to ward off labor after that. I was also put on restricted duty, not bedrest.....I had my baby at 37 weeks by emergency c-section. I had been dialated to 4 after my pre-term labor and thought for sure I'd go into labor the day I stopped the medicine. My doc told me that sometimes we stop the labor and it never starts again. The only reason I had my baby was b/c he quit moving and his heartrate wasn't good.....but there's honestly no way to tell when it will happen....it may happen the day you're off bedrest or it may happen by induction
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yeah, they didn't give me any meds to take to keep him from coming or trying again.
    Anonymous

• are you sure it was REAL labor, or just prodromal?
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 2:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2008