Suumer/weekends

I know for me personaly I feel lazy one the weekends/summer or really anytime tha my ODS doesn't have school.

The night before I stay up waiting for my S/O do come home (from work) so we can have some time together but then I end up sleepuing in the day after. I do a half ass workout if I even do a workout.

Then if I do a workout I don't have a moivtation to do the normal housework stuff.

How can I stay moviated? And stay set on my bedtime, wake up and work out.

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• self dicipline... if you want it you will do it... just have to get your proirities right.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Stop using sleeping in as an excuse to not workout and workout in the afternoon, set a time to do it everyday and stick to it unless you have an appointment. You don't have to workout 7 days a week, 5 is enough. What does not having school have to do with anything?
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• On his days that he has school i know i have to get up in the am so i tend not to wait up for my S/O. However on fir/sat I don't have to get up in the am so I don't go bed til my S/O gets home then we stay up for a while. So that's what it has to do with it.

red_head_mommy2

Comment by red_head_mommy2 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You have to consider your long term goals. Consider how you feel after you work out, versus how you feel when you skip your workout. Don't you feel fantastic after you work out? Aren't you proud of yourself? Don't you feel yucky when you skip it? Run down? Figure out when your energy is highest, and find a way to make it work during that time. For me, my energy is highest in the mornings, so I run or bike then weight train in the mornings. I ride my bike to class. I don't always have the energy, and sometimes the workouts are better than others, but I make it happen regardless. Keep a journal, and have someone you can text with your workouts that will keep you accountable. I text mine to my brother, and he bugs me if he hasn't heard anything in a few days. I also post them on Facebook. The compliments are encouraging! Figure out what works for you! I've lost 58 lbs so far between working out and eating right.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011