my boyfriend says hes sterile and i dont think he is just cause he smoked weed all his life doesnt make him like that???right

Expectingmom164

Asked by Expectingmom164 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• All it does is lower his sperm count. When I got together with my hubby, we both smoked cigarettes and pot, and we had unprotected sex for a year and a half without getting pregnant, and then one year, me and him took a vow to stop smoking both things on December 1st 2003, and we found out that I was pregnant at the end of January.... The doctors told us it was because we had stopped smoking and my hubbys sperm count rose up, and BAM.... preggerville!
    KYarger

Answer by KYarger at 6:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• He would only know if he were sterile if the doctor analyzed his sperm count.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• lol now if thats true i wouldnt be pregnant my husband smoke so much pot befor i ever met him and even while we were dating for a while. he used to say the same thing but what do you know we are pregnant. Now on saying that it is possible for them to become sterile so if you guys are trying to have a baby and nothing then id say both of you should get checked out to see whats going on. but if you arnt really trying and hes just saying that dont stress about it. more then likely hes not sterile from smoking pot
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• it can lower sperm count but it doesn't mean it makes him sterile! Unless he gives you a note from the dr saying he CAN'T have kids...make him use a condom!!! my boyfriend THOUGHT he was sterile...and well...my son proved him wrong on that one!
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• weed doesnt make you sterile my uncle been smoking for as long as i can remember and he has 3 kids....also have friends who smoke all the time they each have at least 2 kids, all it does is lower sperm count......
    Anonymous

• Smoking weed has nothing to do with sterility. Only a test can determine if that was really true or not. He should have a sperm count done before you believe him....
    Anonymous

• If you believe that story, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale!!
    don't believe it....
    Anonymous

• doing drugs of any sort including pot can make a man sterile its not likely but it could have lowered his sperm count and of course depending on how low then yes he could be. However with out a dr verifying hes sterile i wouldnt believe him if your not wanting babies use a condom and b/c.
    Anonymous

• right

Answer by admckenzie at 2:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i got pregnant by a weed smoker, no problem
    Anonymous