Hamburger Helper or From Scratch?

Just planning dinner. Takes the same amount of time either way.

neubren3

Asked by neubren3 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• avoid packaged stuff when you can, it seems inexpensive but there's usually a lot of extra crap in there, and homemade contains more love :)
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 5:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• scratch is so much better
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• ugh I hate hamburger helper! My mom made it alot when I was a kid she was a single mom raising two girls and worked full-time! I hate it! So i try not to make it, but I love the hamburger helper penne something thats the only one I make!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 5:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My husband loves hamburger helper, but like previously mentioned I don't like it because it's unhealthy and it tastes gross lol Do you have a recipe....i've never made it from scratch! TY!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just noodles, cheese, milk, taco seasoning and beef for Cheesy Mac. It helps to melt the chees in milk before incorporating it with the noodles. I season the beef not the noodles.
    neubren3

Comment by neubren3 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Scratch, I can say after 25 years of cooking that it's never been so bad that I felt I had to make Hamburger helper
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't even look at HH, much less buy it. I make homemade versions all the time, and even DH is getting good at multiple varieties.
    Anonymous

• Scratch
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011