Racist or addressing a statistical skew?

New pro-life ad going up:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/obamaabortbillboard.jpg

They're aiming the billboards for primarily black neighborhoods.

Whole article is here:

Chicago Tribune

The short version - activists are aiming for the black community because (they claim, and I don't feel like looking up a dozen studies to verify it or not) the percentage of abortions to black women is higher than for other races, per capita.  They're calling it eugenics.  Protesters say it's people interfering with the community and being racist.

So which one's the right version - his, hers or the truth?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think this is kinda wrong...I think it's being racist, because all colors have abortions, it's not about the color you are its about the person you are!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 5:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Statistically Blacks and Hispanics have more abortions. There are more abortion clinics in black areas and they were put there for a reason.

http://www.abortionfacts.com/statistics/race.asp
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ok sooooo, if statistics say that mostly women like to buy purses, and advertised in areas where women would hang out, would that be sexist? I mean, where is the line?

Just a thought.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Honestly (and feel free to vote me down if you want to) with my views on Obama I would think this should be a pro choice ad (and I'm a pro-lifer myself).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I do not disagree with it, or think it's racist. It's true. We will never know if one of those aborted babies was the one who would find the cure for cancer, or aids, or be the one who brokers world peace, or ends world hunger. So, it's correct, at least in my opinion.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree with Musicmom80.
    Also, just pondering here, not putting out a well-formed thought, but if they are so racist, why would they be concerned about stopping abortions among that segment of the population?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• When margeret sanger started planned parenthood it was to stop the over production of the mud races no lie look up eugenics and you will find het and the people who supported eugenics. They gave it up when the nazis took it up twenty or thirty years before ww 2. This is worth it to look it up.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Her lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Pink, I know what you're talking about, but you may want to delete that and repost it showing that you're quoting Sanger and not using that phrase as your own opinion for those who don't.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I find this distasteful but I thank God that we have freedom of expression!

There once was a line of decency, it doesn't exist any more, it seems that pretty much any and everything goes, unfortunately...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011