For christian families...??

When celebrating Easter do your children believe in the Easter bunny?

and

When celebrating Christmas do you celebrate Jesus' birthday or Santa clause or both?

I"m just curious what other chritian families do. We don't do santa clause or easter bunny in our house, we do get the children easter baskets but it has nothing to do with the easter bunny. We put religious stuff in their easter baskets.

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• We're Christians and celecrate both holidays (obviously, lol). We do not do the bunny or the fat man in the red suit. This does not mean that my kids aren't using their imaginations. To make-believe something is to pretend something is real that is clearly not. If I lie to them and make them believe those things are real, then they believe that's truth..not make-believe. KWIM? Probably not very clear but hopefully someone got that!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes. But we don't fail to make the point that we are celebrating the fact that Jesus was resurrected and all the importance of the holiday.

CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• we do it all, its important to let the kids have fun, but it's also important to teach the kids about their religious background.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 5:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My kids did the easter bunny thing with candy and santa as they got older they could figure their own path to god
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• we don't stress the bunny or santa..its just part of the 'holiday'. not a deal-breaker or maker in our house.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I believe it's important to let the kids have fun as to believe in the easter bunny and santa, they are only 2 & 1. If I was to explain to them the real importance and meaning behind each holiday, they would not understand, but as they get older I will explain to them, because it's important to me and my family.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ugh, supposed to say "celebrate...
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We celebrate Easter/Resurrection Sunday without the bunny. :) That's how it was growing up and it didn't bother me at all. We got the kids devotional type books for Easter Sunday! They will be so excited!! We have a Sunrise Service and breakfast at church.

At Christmas time, we have church on Christmas day. We have presents, but no Santa Clause. He isn't banned from the house, but the kids don't get presents from him or anything. It really doesn't take away from the day at all. They still have a ton of fun!! My struggle is with how to teach them that we are celebrating Christ when all the presents and fun stuff is for us?! Know what I mean!?
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011