Do you let kids keep toys in bedroom?

Mine don't. they have a play room for their stuff. The age diff makes it so some items my dds have should be kept out of ds reach. that goes to their room.

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• yes thats were My things belonged when i was growing up
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We don't have a play room- our home is almost 1,800 SF. There isn't any room for one. My kids *must* keep their toys in their room, if they don't I toss them. I am not the maid, and i will not have messes about.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes! I think a child's room should be their favorite room in the house - a place for just them and their fun things.
    MrsCheddar

Answer by MrsCheddar at 5:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• before we got the bigger house, the rules were the same as yours, ooby. But we often had troble finding younger dd as she liked to sleep in a pile of animals.
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• LMAO!!! I did that when i was little. I had HUNDREDS of stuffy guys!

My kids have just a couple of babies that stay on their beds. I don't like dealing with keeping a whole bunch of those things clean, and booger free ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes, their rooms are their own and where their toys stay. They are welcome to have a thing or two with them during the day, but at bedtime thier stuff gets taken back to their rooms.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We don't have a play room, so certainly, her toys are in her room. In fact, if she brings toys downstairs to play with, we make sure they go back up to her room at the end of the day before bed. I think if we had a play room, though, I'd still allow toys in her bedroom too.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Nope. They are allowed either a baby doll or a stuffed animal to sleep with. We have a toy room and that is where the toys stay. Their bedroom is where they sleep. If we allowed toys in their bedroom they would sit up and play and not go to sleep.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• yes, that is wear some of the toys are. I don't have enough room to store toys other places
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011