Scrapbooking..punching holes out of chipboard...

I want to buy these chipboard scrapbook covers, but I don't think they have the holes in them. What tool do you use to put the holes in so you can tie them together or use rings or whatever? Can you just use a regular circle hole punch like you use on paper? Also, don't you then put grommets on the holes or something? How to do that, I don't know either! I never made a book from scratch before, and I'd hate to order these and then not know what to do with them!

pinkflamingo783

Asked by pinkflamingo783 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Your best bet is a "Crop-A-Dile" It will punch the hole (even in chipboard) and then you can set a grommet or large eyelet with the same tool. I got mine at Costco, but you can get them at practically any store selling scrapbooking supplies (Michaels, Jo-Ann, etc.). Also can be purchased online. I use mine all the time for scrapbooking. It looks like a large pink-handled pliers, but there is a bigger one that looks like a giant orange stapler. The only thing the bigger one does that the small one can't do, is punch in the center of a large paper. (The small one will only go up to an inch from the edge of the paper). I prefer the small one. Hope this helps.
    Bookworm529

Answer by Bookworm529 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• before the crop a dial came along.. i used a leather punch, works great, and i never use a grommet or anything on the albums.. im a huge fan of the bo bunny my word albums... i just use ribbon to tie the books or snap rings... good luck..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2008