What is the meanest thing you've ever said to DH/SO?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• that I wish he would die. He is a cancer and has a mean disposition towards the kids,like swearing at them and wanting to hurt them. I know its not excuse to say something aweful and I would never say that again. I told him that I love him with all my being and that I feel so empty and alone when he isn't here with us. I think we all say aweful things when were stressed out and have reached the end of the line.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Hmmm...Things that are kind of true when he attacks something on me...when he talks about how there is no way I'll be the same down there if our third is as big as they claim, I will say something like "yeah, but you'll be the same, and that has always been disappointing". When he says something about my schoolwork not being my best work, I will say something back about "Hmmm...I've finished every degree I've started...so I guess I've got a leg up on you."

And a few years ago I laid it out to him that I was independently stable financially, that he did not contribute much with the children, that I kept him around for good company and conversation, and that if he couldn't provide at least that much to me, than he could pack his shit and GTFO.

I am probably a terrible person for it, but I think that a lot of the times that he better be able to take it if he can dish it out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Well, to my current SO it would be that I thought he didn't really love me or want to be with me. We were going through an incredibly rough time and had been fighting quite a bit.

With my ex...oh gosh, hard to decide what was worse. I told him he was a waste of space, a waste of air, a loser, a deadbeat, a jackass, useless, worthless....of course, all of it is true, so I'm not sure if it's really considered mean when you're telling the truth. :)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I told him I wanted a divorce, and that I didn't love him anymore.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• LOL I grew up with a LOT of brothers and sisters who were all quick with comebacks, so I had to learn to be faster or get trampled. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My ex said he was going to kill himself. So I told him to do it, I wasn't going to stop him.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I told him I wanted a Divorce.. I still regret that and said it out of anger 9 years ago and he still remembers it because it hurt so bad :(
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• To my current DF I told him that I know he doesn't love me and he doesn't want to be with me. But it's not true, I know he does love me and he wants to be with me. And I wish I would die to make his life easier.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• mine is 9 years and 2 months older then me so i like to tease him about being old
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• that i hated him and i want a divorce.
    totally not true btw
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 7:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011