Slim-Fast?

My fiance are both overweight. I need to lose about 75 pounds to be on target and he could lose 100-125. He works out of town alot (oilfield) and he told me today he is starting Slim-Fast. He has inspired me to do it also. Is there anyone out there that has used this and it worked for them? If it didn't, why?

I'm really excited to get started with this...I want to live a healthy lifestyle for myself and for our son. I want to go into a bridal shop and try on any dress I want; not just the ones in the plus-size sections.

I could really use some encouragement and suggestions!

CollinsMommy729

Asked by CollinsMommy729 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Slim fast is an awesome meal replacement plan, I drink an ensure everyday in place of breakfast or lunch. Don't forget to exercise! I recommend "kendra's be a knockout" she is hilarious! Good luck!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• its not going to take you down 75lbs. it may help 'kick-start' your loss, but what will work is less calories/fat-intake, burning more calories/fat than you consume, changing your ideas about food/amount/type of food you actually NEED to survive, and regular exercise that raises your heart-rate. walking daily 1-2miles (30-45mins of brisk walking) is a great exercise that tones( and stretches your muscles-arms/legs/etc, and lifts your butt, if done correctly, because it causes you to have better posture, too!). and everyone can do it-you walk everyday, don't you?
    you should look into incorporating a weights-workout into your regime, too. building muscles will give you a leaner look, even if you don't lose all 75ibs. muscles help burn calories, too.
    leaner meats, lots of fiber, fresh vegs/greens/fruits, a lot less sugars (all of them, real or chemical), and plenty of water intake to help digestion. don't think diet..think Life.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I tried it and it didnt work ......................
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 6:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• good luck mama, haven't tried it though.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Water will help with portion control too. Good luck!!
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• DH and I did really well with the Slim Fast Low Carb version ! :) We combined that with Atkins bars and such. I lost 15 lbs the first month. I was never hungry and had more energy.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• you still need to exercise and eat right and if you have the motivation to do that,you don't need the slimfast. All that is is a meal replacement system. Many fail because the portions are so small
    Anonymous

• this is the system I'm choosing to use so I'm going to stay positive and pray and it works for us. I realize excercising is the biggest key to losing weight. I need help with portion control and i think this will work for me. We are going to use the 3-2-1 plan.

CollinsMommy729

Comment by CollinsMommy729 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011