I want to take my daughter to see the Easter Bunny, but i'm....

SCARED! Adult woman scared of the EB, I know, silly. I have always been scared of costumes and masks, I HATE Halloween too! I would LOVE to overcome this, but not sure how. I'm desperate, can't even go to Chuck E. Cheese without mommy being freaked out by that big rat!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Holidays

• I feel the same way but I do it for my son. LOL I was terrified of Cat in the Hat last month. I dont know what we can do I think we need to figure out what it is that weirds us out
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 6:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• What is it that bothers you about the costumes? You know that there are people in the costumes right? They are just playing a part. I had a friend who has a son who was afraid of the easter bunny too. I thought that it was funny at the time. They don't seem to bother me for what ever reason I don't know. I guess that I was being insensitive at the time. I hope that you get over your fear of costumes.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• im not scared of people in costumes... but i will say the easter bunny's EYES weird me out! They are SO BIG and just soulless (LOL!) that it gives me the creepies!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Hey, save yourself the stress; and don't do near those strangers in the costumes! It's not that important to your child; it's probably because you think it would make a more interesting picture, right? The portrait of your child is really the memory that you want, so just have it done- without the people in costumes! :-) Good luck! P.S. - I still get the creeps around Mall Santas - since I must have been "forced" at one time - to have a picture taken - that I didn't want. I never force my child if either he, or I, feel uncomfortable in a situation.

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 9:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i think tha the easter bunny a most photography studios look kinda creepy i wouldnt risk it my child be scared for life
    nicolia

Answer by nicolia at 11:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• wow, sorry about your phobia. It must feel awful. I hope your able to overcome this phobia with some help from friends and family. Sometimes conquering fear is just doing it. Good luck
    singlemom18yrs

Answer by singlemom18yrs at 12:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sounds like you had some child-hood trauma with this....do you remember being scared as a kid?? I guess you've never been to Disneyworld then...
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If you really want your child picture taken then have someone else take your child.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2011