Losing weight at 34 wks

I've lost 5 pounds in 2 days. Is this ok?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 1:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yeah I'm very, VERY swollen, and have been for over a month, but it hasn't gone done any. I also haven't been sick. I actually ate a butt-load yesterday for Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if it hadn't been Thanksgiving, if I would have lost even more....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• have you been sick? does your dr know? if your doctor knows and hasnt said anything to you then your fine. just cuz you lost 5lbs doesnt mean baby is in any harm. some women loose a little bit of weight befor going into labor. why i dont know but it does happen.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Were you reatining water and maybe have lost the water weight? Usually its water when you lose that much that fast. Have you noticed if you were swollen and that it has gone down in the last 2 days? If so, then you have your answer. Or like the above abswer, some women do lose alittle bit before going into labor.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• could be water gain, etc.. i lost 2 pounds at my last visit.. and i think i have dropped another pund. i am 34 weeks... my doc isnt concerened..
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 2:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2008