I over analyze ppl and find it hard to comunicate well with others..

Is this a thing everyone goes through? Is it part of "growing up"? I stumble over words trying to find the right ones. Also I feel I have boring convo's b/c im too scared of hurting feelings... I use to say w/e and when it would come out i would be like oh shit that could have hurt their feeling when i didnt intend for that at all... I am not as social as i'd like to be

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Health

• I seem to be having the same problem and just never realized it...I feel like I talk in circles and just make things worse. So if you figure it out, let me know. lol
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• maybe you need to stop talking and start listening. seriously, sometimes if you've got verbal diarrhea and you realize you may have said something wrong, you probably weren't listening in the first place.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i over analyze everything. i think its a trust issue...and i often stick my foot in my mouth. but i try to say things with a sarcastic tone if i'm not sure if someone will take it the wrong way...that way if they act offended i can say..''omg, i was just kiddin, chill out." some people are too up tight these days ..they just need to let loose. i don't worry about it that much
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i usually dont talk at all and they'll be like y are you so quiet... im a listener to the point its rude maybe? but when i try to talk nothing comes out right at all... you know like holding a convo trying to make friends or just in general anything... but hey im talkin on here.. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• lol, I just came from jury duty and was so wishing I had a book to bury my head in. I can communicate on here pretty good but Im not that great of a talker. Oh well, we arent supposed to discuss the case anyway,,,:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• omg so i just thought of something that might help us ladies!!! Reading!! I always find myself picking up on others traits that i like and i think reading might do the trick!! ahh i want to start asap! I dont normally read. anyone know any good books?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Practice talking about anything out loud before going somewhere and also get in the habit of asking questions to get conversation rolling. I used to be very much like you and eventually did OK. Anyone who comments on your quietness isn't worth your time. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I pretty much don't talk in social situations. I have severe social anxiety, and even meds aren't helping.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am very shy and awkward in social settings, but ok when I'm with friends. I think it's pretty common, and it does get better with age. Have you ever seen those cartoons with that old lady, I think her name is Madge? When you're my age you can get by with blurting out just about anything.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2011