What's in a name?

So I always wondered why people would name their children names like shaniqua or Jesus (yes I know it's JeSus but it looks like Jesus to me) or even a name like Dick and Harry. So I was wondering what is in a name that makes it so special for you. Not intended to cause drama so please keeep the smart ass remarks to yourself!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• When my husband and I met we were both in the Navy and stationed on the same ship. It was forbidden to date anyone on the ship. But we fell in love. When the ship was on deployment we would sneak outside at night and talk. He once told me the names he wanted for a girl. They were names he had picked out when he was about 16! lol Kieriana and Guenevere. Neither of us had a boy name.

When I got pregnant finally it was a boy! lol We decided to name him Orion after the constilation because wherever we went in the world, when we sat outside and talked, we would look up and see that constillation. It didn't matter which hemisphere we were in. Orion was there.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• We picked Kira. We wanted a girl's name that started with K, that was unusual but classy sounding. Neither of us knew anyone with that name at the time. Her middle name was my mother's and grandmother's name.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I love older names that you really don't hear much of. My daughter's name is Blythe. I think its pretty and will age well with her. I'm pregnant now and I'm considering Glen for a boy and Iris or Judith for a girl.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• What makes your name special?
    What makes your name special? ... What's in a name? What%27s%20in%20a%20name%3F. Global Gangers from around the world tell us what makes their names special ...
    www.globalgang.org/funandgames/haveyoursay/gallery_names.aspx -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Samantha Jo is the only pretty name my dh agreed with me on. I liked much more exotic names but it meant more to me that he like the name as well. Her middle name is my grandma's middle name. She passed away 3 months before she was born.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:30 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My parents named me Fawn - it was the last thing my dad saw before he went to the hospital with my mom. She hated it, but then I had these big "doe eyes" and it just fit. We picked semi-normal names for our three kids - Cain, Christina, & Clayton. We just wanted something for them that seemed right, just fit, ya know? And they all do.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2008