How do I attempt to get my child to like being in a sling?

I have a wrap sling, and every time I put my 2 month old in it, he squirms and cries. I walk around with him in it, sing, move around, etc. and he still hates it!

odinsmom19

Asked by odinsmom19 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he might not like to feel so closed it. my son never liked our sling we had for him so i sold it on craigslist. some babies just dont like them and others love them. sounds like you have a baby who just doesnt like it. if you have a front pack id try that its alittle less confinding my son liked that one.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Maybe try a moby wrap. Your baby may prefer to be upright rather than laying on his side.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• my little one didn't like the wraps either. some babies just don't like it.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 3:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Find a babywearing group on CM and they can help you figure out which one would be better for you and your son...personally I LOVE my moby....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My DD HATED and still hates her sling. Right now I'm just using a baby bjorn front carriers. She loves that. I'm hoping to get a Moby Wrap though. It holds her the same way the front carrier does. My baby likes to look around and be held up which is why she hated the sling (that and it squished her!). I would try a front carrier or a wrap.

RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 8:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• thanks everyone who answered my question!!
    i really appreciate it.
    :)
    odinsmom19

Answer by odinsmom19 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2008