For those who do in home daycare or work at a daycare...

I have a three yr old, who is going ot have to go to daycare soon. He is... stubborn. To say the least. He has his typical 3 yr old moments where its either going to HIS way or NO way. It suddenly popped into my head that "what if his daycare won't keep him on those days when his stubborn streak pops up" I know it sounds stupid. Trust me, I do. But what is the typical policy for stuff like that? Will they work with him, or just dump him? I figure it would depend on the daycare, but I had to ask. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They have to work with him. They cannot refuse to take a child just because he is stubborn. However, I will say that how kids act with their PARENTS can differ drastically from how they behave for a teacher. He may give you a hard time at home, but most likely he will be well behaved at the daycare.
    MomX3ThatsMe

Answer by MomX3ThatsMe at 6:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I do private childcare but I have learned that children often listen very well to adults other than their parents, especially in a group situation. Just wanted to add my two cents worth. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I worked in 2 different centers. The only time they DIDN'T keep a child was when they were consistently causing harm to other children. It was rare for them to call parents to pick up their kids. (daycare centers)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011