I am 22 weeks pregnant and my cervix is thinning. It is at 1.8cm an I have been put on bed rest... any insight?

firsttimer338

Asked by firsttimer338 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Happened to me SIL. She was on bedrest until she delivered at 38 weeks
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I know the feeling. You are lucky the did not keep you in the hospital. When i was pregnant with my twins i went into preterm labor aroound 20 weeks and was dialated to 1 cm. Did they give you meds to take at home or just restricted bedrest. Anyway its very important that you follow this. Its okay to get up and go to the bathroom, unless your doctor has said otherwise. And make something to eat for yourself take a shower (i usually only did this when someone was home and i would sit down while i did this) unless your doctor has given you other instructions. No cleaning or major cooking. No driving or going to the store. Also its a good idea (if your doctor has not already told you) to check for contractions you can do this by laying down and placing a hand on you belly and for an hour check to see if you are having any contractions if you do write them down and if you have more than four in an hour call your doctor.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 7:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks! I am new to this website an I joined because I was getting so many different views of the things I was reading, and I wanted to talk to people with real life expierieces an someone to relate too.I am a first time mom so everything is a little overwhelming and very exciting! They have not put me on any meds for this just bed rest and they did say its ok to go to the bathroom, get myself a glass of water, or make a sandwich... but no cleaning, no work, no store, no shopping, no cooking... no no no! I was 21 weeks when I had my appt. an they told me I am now 22 weeks. They told my their goal was to get me past the 24 week mark an they have put me on rest until I am 32 weeks. I am not having twins. Why the 32 weeks? Why not until 40?
    firsttimer338

Comment by firsttimer338 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011