What to do about a lazy husband?

Won't do the dishes unless I b**** about him not doing them (and he only does them that one time), can't even bother to throw his garbage away in the trashcan when it's four feet away (he'll leave it sit on the counter), doesn't bother to clean anything up, and his mother lives with us and she'll make food and just leave crumbs and flour and crap everywhere. Gets stuff all over the flour... Sick of the laziness, any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• clean around him?

Answer by gemgem at 2:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• souds like he learned it from his mother. must have been the way he grew up and if thats the case its going to be hard to break him from that habbit. Share with him your frustration in having to clean up after everyone and that you need help. hopefully that helps but if its a bad habbit from being a child and watching his parents i dont know that he will change now.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Well he is who he is and you cannot change a man.
    Anonymous

• for one tell your MIL she has to move and tell her why. don't bring her son in it just yet. wait til she moves out then talk to your husband about his ways. just a suggestion
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• You should not have to clean up after them, hire a maid and give them the bill.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I divorced mine. I no longer have the problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• ive yet to hear of a man cleaning
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My DH doesn't do anything to help out either. The children make a mess and he'll step over it. HE leaves his trash on the counter or my chest freezer, the can is RIGHT THERE!! I just don't get it. He grew up kind of like Cindrella! :D His evil step mom (no offense to step moms, but his was a real witch) made him do all the housework, I guess he thinks he's paid his dues. Although I have been cleaning up after him longer than he lived with his dad and SM!! I think he has a higher tolerance for a dirty house, I guess that's why I'm the one to do it.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• If his mom is that way, then you're gonna have trouble, cause that's how he likely grew up. I feel for ya. My hubby isn't domestic at all (well okay he does cook), but he's not familiar with a mop or broom and I let it go till I can't stand it anymore. I go on strike quite often and when he finally says something about it I remind him that I'm a wife, a mother, not a maid. I'd suggest to both MIL and DH the idea about the maid, see if they want to split the bill.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• leave the pots and go on strike dont wash or iron his clothes ,dont wash his pots and just do your own ,he will soon get the message lol......
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2008