Story of how grown ups can be worse than kids-long post.

I was just thinking of something.
When I was a little kid we were at my grandparents vacation house with my moms sister and her family. My aunt came up to me and started going on about how she and my uncle were going out to eat with my grandparents. Fine.
She just kept going on about how it was going to be their special night, so that I needed to understand that I wouldn't be coming along. Still fine. I was confused if anything because she went on to say 'I know you're upset about this, but you need to be grown up about it.' when I wasn't the least bit upset!
So I went and asked my mom what she was talking about, and why she seemed mad at me. Pretty sure she was frustrated that she was failing to make me upset!
My mom explained that they were going out for a Yucky steak dinner (I didn't like steak then) and that her boys were going to stay and play. Then we'd go out for some yummy ice cream!
Sounded like I was getting the good deal to me!
My aunt made such big production over it, her boys were upset when she left and got in a bloody nose fight.
My dad got a hold of the older one and took him inside to separate them. He told him something like 'Da**it, I said get in that house' to my cousin that was all charged up with arms flying.
When my aunt and uncle got home my older cousin ran to him mom going on about how my dad had spoken to him. Probably to call attention away from the fact that he'd given his brother a black eye and bloody nose!
I was told to go outside so that my mom, aunt and grandparents could talk. that was OK because since I could hear everything by the window anyway. My grandparents told my aunt that she had left the boys in my mom and dads care, and it was up to them how they handled it. That it seemed to them the issue was the boy's behavior, not what my parents did to handle it.
I remember being shocked as I heard my aunt start bawling and screaming things like 'you always take her side! you've always liked her better than me!'
I remember telling my mom that I thought only little kids acted like that.

My grandmother always said that adults were worse than kids, I think she was probably right!

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Some Grown Ups act like kids and some kids act like adults so weird.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 6:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• well.... i guess some adults dont grow up, most do though.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Sounds like your aunt had some unresolved "jealousies" from her childhood; and they reared their ugly head that night! As I get older; I sometimes understand things in a different way than when I was a child. It's called becoming "mature", I guess...

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 8:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Wow. Yeah, some adults do act more like kids. It would be funny , and it is up until it gets frustrating because, they aren't kids. They are adults. There is a difference though, between being immature and acting like a child (throwing a temper tantrum). Your aunt was throwing a temper tantrum.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011