Dollar Tree

What will you not buy from the dollar tree?
I bought some tea from there the other day and have to use 3 tea bags to get the taste I usually get from one bag. So after using it up, I will go back to paying more for tea.

Also most food items I will not buy from there.

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• We'll buy snacks or candy there. The food items seem overpriced for being generic. I refuse to buy feminine products there. they are horrible! Otherwise, I really do love that store, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Always check the manufacturers website for coupons and check sales, i'm sure you can get it at a reasonable price in the store.

I don't have any dollar stores near me, so I guess I don't buy anything!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• food

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• A lot of the candy sold at Dollar Tree is made in China. I always check the label for origin. Because of strange additives ending up in Chinese food products (remember the baby formula?) that is one thing I won't buy there.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 7:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I will buy some cleaning products there, like the toilet cleaner especially. Cheap toilet paper from there does not do it for me...it doesn't last as long as what I would spend buying something decent, so it turns out to be more expensive.

My go-to items for dollar tree are usually: comet, gain dish soap, paper plates, gift bags, fabric softner sheets, party supplies, and right before school starts, they sometimes have awesome workbooks and teaching supplies, so I will pick them up for work and my daughter.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• The candy I'm talking about buying is the name brand stuff, like Laffy Taffy, Tootsie Rolls, Junior Mints, etc.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I love the Dollar Tree stores..I love all the teacher items that they have now, like the borders for the bulletin boards and cordinating pieces, workbooks for any age. I also buy lots of gift bags and greeting cards there. For a preschool teacher that spends alot of her own money they are a great place to shop!!
    mom19931964

Answer by mom19931964 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I will buy almost anything.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would not buy under wear or bras, or some makeup...everything else is up for grabs. I LOVE the dollar tree. It's one of my fave stores ever!
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 6:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Female items, makeup and food
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011