What do you hate people say to you when someone dies?

About 20 months ago I lost my daughter she was very premature, but she passed away when she was 3.5 months old. Everyone says it is for the best. BS! I want my daughter back. Happy Birthday baby!

ja2010

Asked by ja2010 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hi. Im so sorry for your loss. There is a support group here in cm called, "Grieving, surviving the loss of a child". Im a member of it too. I hate when people say, "are you doing better now?" I dont even know what to respond with.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• ITS FOR THE BEsT??????????? I prob. would have flipped out. =[ i'm so sorry. I HATE when people say ''he's still here, although he's gone'' ....like that's supposed to make me feel better. lost my uncle 2 weeks ago, hes NOT here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I've never suffered through what you have had to go through, but I offer you my sincerest condolences all the same. However, I do have a very good friend who lost a beautiful baby daughter as well, and the most insensitive thing I ever heard someone say to her was, "You can always have more kids." I can't imagine you could ever fill that void. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss, but I wish you all the best.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• When a child dies, I think the "it was for the best" comment is terrible. So is the "You're young, you can have more children."

In general, I hate to hear "At least you still have....(i.e. one brother, your son, your mother, etc)." I know that people are not meaning to be awful, and that they intend to be comforting, but it is awful.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011