Question for people who consider abortion because they can't afford a baby

If you make the effort to save up enough money to have an abortion than why can't you make the same effort to take care of a child. I know one is long term and the other is not, but if you make such an effort to stop a life, couldn't you make the same kind of effort to support one too?

Just a food for thought. Not for or against abortion, I have my personal views on it that I do not wish to push on others, but my cousin is considering one because she can't afford a baby. So I was wondering if people who say they can't afford a baby, but make the effort to afford an abortion, should realize that they can afford a baby if they work hard at it.

Okay I'm done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I try to imagine what I would feel like.  A child is a LIFETIME expense where an abortion is a one time expense.  I try to think about what I would feel like if I couldn't afford to put food in my own mouth, let alone a childs.  It's a scary thought.  I also think about consequences.  When I was thinking about having my tubes tied one of the statements on the paper was to not make this decision based upon money because financial circumstances always change.  I also think that connections are an awesome thing to have.  Babies are born all the time and stuff that is no longer needed is often passed down.  Personally I would explore that avenue. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• So....according to you if one can save enough money to end an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy they can save enough to raise the unwanted child for it's lifespan? And you WONDER why so many children are abused and neglected?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• The contents of your question explains why you would ask anonymous.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Bottom line....

Her body.
    Her rights.
    Her decision.
    Her life.

You don't have to like the fact that we have the RIGHT to control what happens to our own bodies- I suggest you find a happy little Mideastern country to move to.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• OP, the system doesn't support all the families that need support. It's not that simple.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Basically it's like this: Bringing a child into the world with no way to take care of him/her is just as irresponsible as making a judgment error & getting pregnant in the first place. Those who find they are not at an emotional maturity or readiness or financial standpoint to have children are not at a wrong or right, they simply have a choice to make that is right for them.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 7:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• OP it seems you DO have have a very strong opinion on this subject.

I do not question another woman's decision on this subject...no matter her reason.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You can get assistance to get an abortion at very low cost or even free. So how is it that you are saving so much money for this? They are not expensive compared to buying a stroller, crib, and clothes for the baby.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'm not taking sides here, but I know for a fact that abortion is only $500 and a lot of the time the state pays for them. I know several women who didn't pay a dime for their procedure. It costs way more that $500 raise a child.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't think this is about the subject on hand. This is more of a bashing thread towards your cousin. You are indeed putting your personal views on the subject when others were simply stating some facts as well. If your logic was that simple, more people would be doing that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011