How can I ease contractions?

I just got out of the hospital again after going into preterm labor, now @ 35 weeks, im trying to avoid things that will start contractions, I have done nothing but sleep and sit around, eat and drink, but I keep having contractions anyway. It wouldnt concern me but they r getting painful and very close together (like back 2 back). then Ill go for a while and not have any. what is up with that? Is there anything I can do to stop them on my own?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 6:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I know I went into preterm labor at 30wks with my ds I had to take oral medication until I was 36wks. With dd and me being a higher risk my doc had me taking benadryl and it worked. Must be something new. But if I was you ask your doctor.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Not alot you can do to stop them. Change position. (If you've been lying down get up and walk) Take a warm shower. Drink plenty of fluids. If nothing works then you need to go in and have them stopped. However I would suspect after 36 weeks they might not even try to stop them. If your body is getting the signal to start labor there isn't much you can do about it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• There isnt to much you can do. If you go back to the hospital they will try giving you meds to help stop them. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water so you dont get dehydrated. Make sure you eat small meals but more offten. Make sure that you never hold your pee in always go as soon as you need to. Make sure you stay resting laying on your left side is best but move positions evry now and then. Try not to eat anything that could give you the effects of a laxitive. This could possibly cause contractions. Do not have sex and no masterbation. Hopefully you can hold out for atleast another week. Good luck to you and try to relaxe.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 7:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011