Year round schooling

If you are not in a area that offers year round schooling? Is this something you would like for your children to have?

I would like to have my son attend schooling year round, like 2-3 months at a time, than 2-3 wks off

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in

• yes yes yes. I would be all for it! It was voted down a few years back in my area.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• YES!!! I cant even scream it loud enough. My boys were in year round in california, they hate how school is in pennsylvania. Oh and they hate how unhealthy the food lunch programs are. ( yes, they are picky lol)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I've considered it before with homeschooling. But I enjoy the summers off too much!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes I would be for it too. I think a LONG summer break is TOOO much. My daughter is bored by the end of the summer. However half way thru the school year she is burned out. Like right now. We don't get very nice breaks.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 7:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ive done both. I had two children on two different tracks. Actually, my step son moved in with us and at that point I had 3 children on 3 different tracks. It can get pretty crazy if that happens. Plus I worked full time so I was constantly having to adjust child care. The only thing I missed about it was that there never felt like a real, "summer time" off time. It was this go, go, go. schedule with only a block off here and there. So, for me, I preferred the summer rest and of course,,,so did the kids
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 7:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My boys were in year round until this last year when they switched all schools to 9month.... this summer will be the first "real" summer vacation they will have they are so excited, me on the other hand- not so much. I had a hard enough time trying to keep them entertained for their 2week breaks and now they will be off for 3months and we live in Las Vegas where it gets to be 120 during the summer so I cant just send them out to play.
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 7:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• our kids get a 12 week break in the summer, and then spend 8WEEKS reviewing!!!!! what a waste of time!!!!!!
    i think several one week breaks or a few two week breaks would be so much better!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would like them to go year round but it won't ever happen in this po-dunk town.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yes because it would keep them from saying "I'm bored or I have nothing to do" 2 days into the vacation
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:16 PM on May. 20, 2011