If I ran out of my brand of formula one evening, is it ok to use a sample brand I might have,for instance Enfamil to Similac?

gapeach3510

Asked by gapeach3510 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as it's comparable. If your sample is soy based and you child drinks the regular mainstream stuff, then don't do it.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• if you read the ingredients of the diff. formulas you will see that most of them are pretty much the same.I thought i had to use similac because it was the best, but it was the same thing as costco brand.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My DS did fine switching it up but some babies don't. Some will get upset tummies from a switch. It wouldn't really hurt any thing per-say. Just might be a little fussy or gassy for one night.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes. I did that all the time. I bought the one with the best coupon.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I did and it didn't hurt my son.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Depends on the baby and the formula they are used to.
    My son goes from any brand as long as they are a "gentle" kind of formula. But in a pinch we've done "sensitive" which didn't upset his stomach as much as the regular. He couldn't take the regular at all. We had the same thing happen where we ran out and I thought we were going to go shopping that day but my husband got slammed with OT so was stuck at work. All I had was a sample can of regular so I used it and he was pretty miserable that night (that was before I realized he absolutely couldn't have regular).
    But he can go from brand to brand if they are all gentle.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• so long as it's the same kind of formula.. for instance you don't want to switch from soy to regular formula.. but a regular to a regular in different brands is fine.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011