Help me before i go crazy lol!!!

Ok i have just quit smoking last thursday, i have bought any cigs but im craving like crazy!!!!! Any one have any tips to easy the urge to smoke....

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Health

• acupuncture! helps curb the withdrawl.

I read that peppermint candy is supposed to help.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• get busy doing something else with your hands and your time. avoid situations, if possible, that remind you of having a smoke. they say chew gum, but i'm a gum-chewer, anyway. drink lots of water (and brush your teeth more to get used to having a cleaner, fresher mouth. once you sneak a smoke, you'll know what i mean.)
    do not go to the same convenience stores you bought our cigs from. it'll only tempt you. even for gas or a diet dp, go somewhere else. (again, works for me.)
    remind yourself how much healthier you are becoming, and how much longer you will be around to enjoy life and see your kids' kids enjoy life. death from smoking is not pretty...and we always want to be pretty!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I ate peppermint candy and that did help
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 9:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My cousin used nicorette gum. My other cousin went to a hypnotist. Both of those worked for them. I haven't found much that's worked for me tho. Good luck!
    Mamapunkin21809

Answer by Mamapunkin21809 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It's going to be hard but you can do it! Find something to do that takes your mind off of it!
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Brush your teeth whenever the craving won't go away, and just put it out of your mind. Look at a picture of lungs of a smoker vs non smoker. This is coming from someone who smoked for over 40 years, and quit 2 years ago, so it can be done, good luck!
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011