Would you breastfeed a friend's baby ? Would you let your friend breastfeed your baby ?

Do you think its weird to share your "nursing power" with BFing friends ?

kokomaman

Asked by kokomaman at 7:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only way I could do that is if there was an emergency and the child was left in my care and only nursed. I dont think I could do that just for the heck of it or something.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 7:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No & No..
    mom-o-2-in-2

Answer by mom-o-2-in-2 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Only if there was no more formula in the world.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Sure, but only if it was necessary, like if she was in the hospital and couldn't nurse, or if she died.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes to both. Without a second thought.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 7:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Absolutely not. I just doesn't seem right.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 7:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• nope.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ive answered this before but here it is again. Yes, in an emergency, absolutely. My Best Friend saved my sons life. I became critcally ill 3 weeks after he was born. He would not take a bottle from anyone regardless what it had in it. My BFF weaned her oldest who was only nursing at night and tandem nursed my son and hers (3 weeks older) for a month. I have always been so grateful she stepped in.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• NO im selfish and don't want anyone else feeding my babies breastmilk and def not formula... but yes i did feed my nephew when I babysat him cause his mom didn't care and he wanted to eat.
    leejoy

Answer by leejoy at 7:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My bff did for our son. I had forgotten his milk in the cooler bag at home and we were a 30 min drive away from her home, so i had to run back to get it for her. He ended up having a righteous fit so she hooked him up with some of her yummies! But yes i would do it as well :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011