Sunday"s Mass, Question...

This past Sunday, out Mass was about how sin can make you feel like an outsider. The entire time, I sat there thinking, I'm not the one smoking, drinking and/or going out with guys. I'm a single mom raising my kids and that is my priority.
Now, back to Sunday's Mass - the Father was saying that sin pushes you away from the world. BUT all i could think about was that I'm the one sitting at home, not going out and not doing the things that other do. Making me an outsider.
Friends and co-works no longer ask me to out on the weekends because I don"t go to the bars, I don't drink, ect...
I feel like the outsider. Even if I know, I'm doing the right thing for myself and my kids.
Anyone else feel the same...

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• you just need to find other people to hang out with, when you get the chance to hang out. if you don't want to associate with those environments, don't. there are other avenues of entertainment and social enjoyment..people have fun everyday without the 'sin' of smoking, clubbing, and drinking, etc.
    think of it this way: your life is on a different path, or in a new season, than it was before becoming a mother. your priorities have changed, as you way of thinking probably has (maybe). life changes. people change. i know tons of people who live different lifestyles as parents than they did as non-parents. nothing wrong with that. its just a change of life, and does take getting used to, as its a new thing, bringing new people and opportunities. embrace it. don't be scared or feel left out. think of it as a growing-time. you never know, you may find people you like better, or activities you enjoy more than the 'old' ones. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• " the Father was saying that sin pushes you away from the world"

I personally think that's backwards. I believe sin thrusts you further into the "world" We're supposed to avoid being "worldly".
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Sometimes, yes. If you think about it, all of society has it's niches or cliques, and being a parent in a society more focused on social interactions can make this seem especially daunting. A good thing to remember, however, is that when you feel the most isolated there has been, is, or will be someone who can identify with what you're going through.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 7:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It matters if you do the right things, but that isn't what gets you to heaven. You have to believe your whole body mind and soul, without any doubt-just on faith-that God is real and that you will join him someday The way I was raised, being good is not the only thing that
    gets you to heaven. I
    chantilly688

Answer by chantilly688 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011