I work part time but my husband works 2 job

I have 4 & 5 year old boys & a baby on the way. I only work 10 days a month as an LPN at a hospital & my husband works 2 jobs. DH is never home. I would like to work full time & have him quit his 2nd job. He says no. My place is here with the kids.  Should I just be happy I am here for my children or try to convince him to let me work full time?

mom-o-2-in-2

Asked by mom-o-2-in-2 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• The children will grow up, and then you'll be able to work full time. I'd say stay at home.

Answer by Bmat at 7:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would just keep working pt. You are in a field where you can always have a job, as well as flexibility.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• what makes you happy?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• @ jeanclaudia I love being here with the kids, but I miss my husband & I hate he has to work so much. It's hard.
    mom-o-2-in-2

Comment by mom-o-2-in-2 (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It sounds like he is pretty set on it. I agree with the others, work when they get older.
    Oliviasmommy131

Answer by Oliviasmommy131 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree with your husband, stay with the kids and let him work. I know you miss him, maybe he can make sure to schedule time off once a month for you. It wouldn't really make sense for you to work full time right now, you would both be working and you would have to pay for daycare and you still wouldn't be coming out ahead financially. Wait until all the kids are in school OR work third shift when your husband is home with the kids, but you won't get any sleep that way. I would stick with the way things are for now.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Have you thought of maybe doing something on the side at home? That way you can still be home and make a little more to help around the house. It sounds like he is really wanting you to stay home for the kids or else he wouldn't be working 2 jobs. I understand how you miss your hubby so this might be a great option for you.

I would love to help you out if you are interested!! Just send me a message :o)

Good Luck! :o)
    ~Alyssa

alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would work. I feel both parents are equally important in a child's life.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would talk to him not good for him to never see the kids or you. I think you both working a full time job would be better for your family.
    Anonymous

• You should try to convince him to let you work because he needs to see the kids and be around the kids as well.
    Caitlin10081989

Answer by Caitlin10081989 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2011