Would it be a good idea to get get on of those prepiad green dot visa cards for my new baby?

I was thinking instead of putting in into my bank account to just put whatever money my friedns and family gives for for the baby on a green dot card so that way i can use it to just buy the baby's stuff with and keep it seperated from all of my other things. For me it would be easier but i was just wondering what everybodies idea of it was

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is a good way to keep it separated, but check the fees and requirements on those. It may not be worth it. You might be better off to just open a separate savings account at your bank and just go withdrawal the money when you are going to buy baby stuff.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• yeah the fees can get costly. You could go to walmart kmart target meijers...ect and buy gift cards with the money and then that way whenyou need diapers, wipes,food...ect use the gift card.
    haileyraesmommy

Answer by haileyraesmommy at 2:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• my friend had major problems with greendot and it took herr almost 6 mo to get her money i would go get like an amscott card or something its the samething but you can talk to someone face to face if there is a problem plus i have used the amscott one with no problems
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 3:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I hate those things. It has monthly fees unless you load over 1, 000 in a month, and it is too me more trouble than its worth.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008